(Date of Last Revision: October 10, 2018)
Who we are: TriStar Publishing, Inc. (“TriStar,” “we,” or “us”) provides information regarding the services offered by TriStar, information regarding an event of one of TriStar’s association customers, or an interactive mobile application to be used in connection with an event of one of TriStar’s association customers (the “Services”). TriStar’s association customers are generally industry-specific associations and we generally support their events like annual conventions or cause-specific meetings.
TriStar is committed to protecting your privacy and utilizing technology that gives you a powerful and safe online experience. The website www.tristarpub.com TriStar’s affiliated event-specific websites, and its mobile application, (collectively referred to herein as “the Site”) are owned and operated by TriStar.
TriStar recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and the users of the Site. As such, we will always ensure that we have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
Notice to California residents
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third-party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes. Thus, under California Civil Code Sections 1798.80-1798.84, TriStar has no obligation to a California resident to provide further information regarding Owner’s use of the California resident’s personal data.
Notice to Utah residents
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third-party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes.
Information Collection and Use
|Information You Give Us||Information We Collect from You||Information we obtain from others.|
|Contact Information: You may give us your Contact Information when you request information, register with or subscribe to the Site. “Contact Information” includes your name, email, company, address and/or telephone number.
We may use Contact Information and other Personal Data to:
· provide you the Services on the Site;
· evaluate and improve the Services;
· fulfill your requests for information; and
· contact you about TriStar products or services, information regarding the event of an association customer, and the products and services of our association customer and advertisers supporting the events of our association customers based on your participation in the association or the association’s event.
|We collect Analytical Information through automated means when use and navigate the Site. “Analytical Information” includes pages and products viewed, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address and device information, your mobile operating system (OS), a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifier if you access the Site on a mobile device
We use Analytical Information to:
· improve the performance or layout of our Site;
· develop new services and ideas;
· target advertisements to you on the Site and the websites of others, and
· better administer and troubleshoot our systems.
We may also collect publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification
We do not collect any more Personal Data from you than what we have determined is needed for us to provide the Services and comply with applicable laws.
What Happens If You Don’t Provide Your Personal Information?
Please be aware that, if you choose to limit the personal information you provide to us (or, in some circumstances, provide no personal information at all), then we may be unable to provide you with the products and services you have expressed an interest in, or which we have a contract to provide to you. We may also be unable to provide you with access to some or all of our Site (or its functionality).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We need to share your information with our association customers due to contractual obligation in providing our services;
- We need to share your information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of TriStar to provide a product or service to you. Unless we tell you differently, we only provide these companies the minimum amount of information that is necessary for them to assist us and these companies do not have any right to use the Personal Data we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- We find that your actions on our website violate the Terms and Conditions of Use, any of our usage guidelines for specific services or any agreement; and
- As required to respond to or initiate subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
Third Party Processors
To ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the third parties we share your Personal Data with to ensure that your Personal Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable laws on data security and privacy. For example, we use third-party cloud data storage, payroll processors, accounting software, shipping fulfillment, payment processors, and marketing service providers.
How long do we keep your information?
We will store your information for as long as you are a customer and for up to five (5) years thereafter for use in legal claims, or as otherwise instructed by our association customers when we receive your information from our association customers.
Do Not Track
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Ability to Review and Edit Your Information
You may review and approve the Personal Data about you that is stored in our database and obtained through your use of the Site. Upon your written request, we will remove that information from our database or change or correct personal data within applicable regulatory or other legal requirements. You should understand, however, that information about you in our database might come from a number of sources.
Notice to Residents of Europe, the European Economic Area and the U.K.
Under the GDPR, residents of Europe, the European Economic Area and the U.K. have the following additional rights related to TriStar’s use of your Personal Data.
|Description of your right|
|A right to access personal data held by us about you, as well as information about how we are using your data.
|A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.|
|A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you, and where the personal data has been made public, for other controllers processing the personal data to also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with Right 6 below).
|A right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but you require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.
|A right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request.
|A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you).
|Right 7||A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).
If you have consented to receive communications from us, you can contact us at any time to have your details removed from lists used by us or to update your marketing preferences. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your email/telephone number/account number in the body of the email, telling us what you would like us to do.
You can also: click “unsubscribe” on any of our emails, and we will ensure we don’t send you any communications of this nature in future.
To exercise any of your rights above, please contact TriStar email@example.com or the mailing address below. If you choose to exercise any of your rights listed above, it may affect your ability to use the Site, as the operation and functionalities provided on the Site may require the use of your Personal Data.
We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data. However, no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Data Transfers Across Jurisdictional Boundaries.
Since our Services are based in the United States, your data will be transferred from your country of residence into the United States where it will be stored and processed.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, the Site does not collect information from children under 13 years of age, and we do not intentionally collect information from persons under eighteen (18) years of age. Use of the Site is limited to users that are eighteen (18) years of age and older. By using the Site, you represent that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
Policies of Other Websites
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal information, or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, please contact us at the information below:
TriStar Publishing, Inc.
Attn: Brandon Atkins
7285 W. 132ND ST., STE. 300
OVERLAND PARK, KS 66213
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office
(Date of Last Revision: October 10, 2018)
TriStar uses “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons and embedded scripts) to help provide you a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your Shopping Cart between visits).
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information)
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage the cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of our websites’ features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common web browsers are provided at the links below:
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our websites works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
|Cookie name||Cookie Category||Purpose|
|Google DoubleClick _ gads||Targeting / Advertising||Google’s Targeted Advertising Cookie
|PHPSESSID||Strictly Necessary||A general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is normally a random generated number, how it is used can be specific to the site, but a good example is maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages.
|WP Popup Maker pum_alm_first_activity||Functionality||Records activity in accordance with user behavior and facilitates functional need based on these behaviors|
|AddThis _atuvc||Functionality||This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It stores an updated page share count.
|AddThis _atuvs||Functionality||This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. This is believed to be a new cookie from AddThis which is not yet documented, but has been categorised on the assumption it serves a similar purpose to other cookies set by the service.
|WP Advanced Ads Pro advanced_ads_browser_width||Functionality||WordPress ad plugin (that ties in with DFP).
|Google Analytics via Google Tag Manager _gat_UA-17027883-1||Performance||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
|Google Analytics via Google Tag Manager _gat_UA-108462540-1||Performance||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
|Google Analytics via Google Tag Manager _gat_UA-97024550-1||Performance||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
|WordPress Security Plugin wfvt_3977673853||Functionality||WordPress security plugin.|
|WordPress Security Plugin wfvt_2886841787||Functionality||WordPress security plugin.|
|WordPress Security Plugin wordfence_verifiedHuman||Functionality||WordPress security plugin.|
|ShareThis __unam||Functionality||This cookie is usually associated with the ShareThis social sharing widget placed in a site to enable sharing of content across various social networks. It counts clicks and shares of a page.|
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the Services.
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our website).
The use of third-party cookies is not covered by our Privacy Notice. We do not have access or control over these cookies. If you continue to use our websites, we will assume you agree to the use of these cookies. You may visit the following links from our third-party partners to opt-out of their tracking and learn about their privacy practices:
- Google Analytics:
- To opt-out, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- To opt-out, please visit: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
- Lucky Orange
- To view what cookies Lucky Orange may use, visit: https://help.luckyorange.com/article/173-what-cookies-does-lucky-orange-set
- To opt out, visit: https://privacy.luckyorange.com/
- bluekai.com (now owned by Oracle)
- To opt out of all third-party, interest-based advertising enabled by Oracle Data Cloud: https://datacloudoptout.oracle.com/#optout
Although not all cookies and similar technologies that we use are required for you to use the Services, disabling these technologies individually or altogether could prevent the Services from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the Services we offer.